The City of Fort Lauderdale offers group, private, semi-private, and adapted swim lessons year round!
American Red Cross certified Water Safety Instructors lead all lessons.
Special thanks to the American Red Cross for its support that allows us to offer swimming lessons at discounted rates at Carter Park Pool - $10 residents, $15 non-residents!
Spring 2017 Group Lessons
Once-per-week: Group lessons meet once-per-week for 30 to 45 minutes. Weekday afternoons and weekend morning sessions available. Sessions meet for 7-8 weeks.
Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Complex: March 26 - May 28
- Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Complex: Sundays, Mondays, and Wednesdays; Registration begins March 5, 2017.
Community Pools: April 15 - May 27
- Bass Park Pool: Saturday Mornings
- Carter Park Pool: Saturday Mornings - All Lessons at Carter Park $10/residents, $15 non-residents!
- Croissant Park Pool: Sunday Mornings
- Riverland Park Pool: Saturday Mornings
Summer 2017 Group Lessons
Summer 2017 Group Lessons
Once-per-Week: Class meets once-per-week for 7-8 weeks; 30 to 45 minutes.
Weekdays: Class meets daily Monday-Thursday for a 2-week session; 30 to 45 minutes.
Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Complex: June 5 - August 6
- Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Complex: Once-per-Week: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- Registration Begins: April 26
- No Classes June 18 or July 4
Community Pools: June 19 - August 10
- Bass Park Pool: Weekdays
- Carter Park Pool: Weekdays; Once-per-Week - Saturday; $10 - Residents, $15 - Non-Residents
- Croissant Park Pool: Weekdays; Once-per-Week - Sunday
- Riverland Park Pool: Weekdays; Once-per-Week - Saturday
- Registration Begins: April 15
- No Classes July 4
Basic Diving Skills
Learn how to safely enter the pool from the deck and a diving board! This 1 hour group class focuses on basic diving and head-first pool entries as a supplement to the American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim program. Includes entries from the side of the pool and 1 and 3-meter spring boards. Class offered only at the Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Complex.
For competitive dive team and instruction, please visit the Fort Lauderdale Dive Team.
Date: August 13, 2017
Time: 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Ages: 4 - 12 years
Rates: $10/session for residents, $15/session for non-residents
Private and Semi-Private Lessons
Scheduled upon request. Offered at select locations. Please call (954) 828-4580 to schedule a private lesson.
Private Lessons: One-on-one individualized instruction for adults and children ages 6 months and older.
|One 30-minute lesson:||$45|
|Five 30-minute lessons:||$200|
|Ten 30-minute lessons:||$360|
Semi-Private Lessons: Groups of 2-3 participants ages 3 years and older.
|One 30-minute lesson:||$70 (2 participants = $35 each)|
|Five 30-minute lessons:||$300 (2 participants = $150 each)|
A specialized program for children and adults with physical and/or cognitive challenges. 30–minute classes are scheduled upon request. For more information on how to register, please contact Jennifer Gigler at firstname.lastname@example.org.