Celebrate America's Independence Day at the City of Fort Lauderdale's free 4th of July Spectacular! The Independence Day Celebration will feature a patriotic extravaganza featuring live bands, a kids zone, beach games, contests, family activities and a dazzling fireworks display. The 4th of July Spectacular takes place on July 4 from 12:00 to 9:30 p.m. on Fort Lauderdale Beach at A1A and Las Olas Boulevard.
The Kids Zone will provide non-stop energy and excitement along with plenty of music and comic relief from 12:00 to 5:00 p.m. Highlights will include DJ, music, bounce houses, water slides, face painting, human foosball, beach games and contests. Make sure to bring your appetite so you can compete in an old-fashioned hot dog eating contest. And if that doesn’t fill you up, top it off by participating in a July 4th watermelon eating contest!
As the sun goes down, the celebration heats up with live music and entertainment. Finally, as the sun goes down watch the sky light up with the City's fireworks show at 9 p.m. This dazzling pyrotechnic display is simulcast with music on 101.5 LITE FM and is an annual favorite for all!
Click to view our photo gallery!
Stress-Free Transportation Options
The 4th of July Spectacular offers plenty of stress free, convenient transportation options including a bike valet, flat rate parking at City lots, the Sun Trolley, and even water transportation provided by the Water Taxi and Water Shuttle.
Back by popular demand, the City of Fort Lauderdale’s 4th of July Spectacular offers a FREE bike valet from noon to 10:00 p.m. at the foot of the Las Olas Bridge. Exercise, relieve traffic congestion, and promote sustainability by bicycling to the beach for all of the 4th of July festivities! The Bike Valet is provided by the City of Fort Lauderdale Parking Services Department.
Get to the Great American Beach Party stress free by parking in downtown Fort Lauderdale and hopping aboard designated event shuttles. Downtown parking is available for a flat rate at:
- City Park Garage, 150 S.E. 2nd Street ($5 flat rate until midnight)
- County Garage, 151 S.W. 2nd Street ($5 flat rate until 7 p.m.)
- One River Plaza, 305 S. Andrews Avenue ($7 flat rate until midnight)
The Water Shuttle and Water Taxis both depart from Las Olas Riverfront, located at 300 S.W. 1st Avenue.
- Runs 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Round Trip: $5 per person, $2 seniors (Active military and kids under 3 are free.)
- Departs every 15 minutes.
- Last trip to Fort Lauderdale Beach for fireworks show departs at 8:00 p.m.
Sun Trolley Expands Service
The Sun Trolley will be picking up eventgoers at the City Park Garage, located at 150 S.E. 2nd Street. Drop-off will be at the Las Olas Marina, 240 E. Las Olas Circle.
- Fares: $1 each way or $3 for an all-day pass
- Free rides to veterans (veteran status ID must be shown)
- Free rides to those who park at City Park Garage
- Drop off at City Park Garage
- Track Sun Trolley in real time by downloading the app at SunTrolley.com.
NEW EVENT EXIT PLAN
The following exits will be mandatory and enforced for ALL event attendees. Anyone entering or leaving the barrier island during from 9:30 to 11 p.m. will be detoured to the following routes:
- Zone A: Vehicles parked between Sunrise Boulevard and Bayshore Drive must exit to Sunrise Boulevard
- Zone B: Vehicles parked between Bayshore Drive and Las Olas Boulevard must exit to Las Olas Boulevard
- Zone C: Vehicles parked south of Las Olas Boulevard must exit to S.E. 17th Street
There will be three designated pick up and drop off locations for the July 4th event from 9 to 11 p.m. Please use these locations to pick up your taxi, Uber, Lyft, etc. during this time frame.
- Zone A: N.E. 9th Street between Breakers Avenue and Sunrise Lane
- Zone B: S.E. 25th Avenue at E. Las Olas Boulevard
- Zone C: Holiday Drive at Seabreeze Boulevard
The City of Fort Lauderdale’s 4th of July Spectacular is sponsored by 101.5 LITE FM.
LEAVE YOUR FIREWORKS AT HOME!
If you are planning on spending the 4th of July on Fort Lauderdale Beach, you will want to leave your fireworks at home. The general public will not be permitted to light fireworks of any kind on Fort Lauderdale Beach. The City of Fort Lauderdale Fire Marshal’s Office is asking that you let the professionals provide the fireworks show for you.