INTERACTIVE RESIDENTIAL DIAGRAM (click for full screen)
Do you need to know what the permitting requirements are for your project? Click on the image below to bring up a full screen version. Then simply select the area you would like information about to bring up a comprehensive checklist.
PERMITTING FORMS AND CONTACT INFORMATION PER DISCIPLINE
- The Department of Sustainable Development building will be closed for training on the following days and times:
- Friday, November 17th from 8am to 12pm and
- Wednesday, November 22nd from 8am to 12pm
- As of October 1, 2015, all plans submitted to the City must be no larger than 24 x 36 inches only. This standard size will be vital to our digitization efforts in the future.
- As of 04/01/2016, only the Broward County Uniform Building Permit Application will be accepted. The form is fillable; neighbors are encouraged to fill it out online and print it for legibility purposes.
- Wave Streetcar Permit Review: To ensure that proposed work does not conflict with the Wave Streetcar’s plans or construction, the City of Fort Lauderdale is requesting all work within the Wave Streetcar’s influence area to be reviewed by the Wave Streetcar team. Please contact Alexandra Saiz, the City’s Project Manager, to facilitate the Wave Streetcar’s review.
BUILDING SERVICES BROCHURE
FLORIDA'S CONSTRUCTION LIEN LAW
According to Florida Statute 713, Part 1, as it pertains to home construction and remodeling, those who work on your property or provide materials and are not paid-in-full have a right to enforce their claim for payment against your property. This claim is known as a construction lien.
If your contractor fails to pay subcontractors or material suppliers, the people who are owed money may look to your property for payment, even if you have paid your contractor in full. This means that if a lien is filed against your property, your property could be sold against your will to pay for labor, materials, or other services which your contractor may have failed to pay.
As a convenience to customers, the City of Fort Lauderdale is has compiled a list of area contractors. Please note that this list does not serve as an endorsement or referral of any kind. Selecting a contractor is solely the decision and responsibility of the property owner.
CONTRACTOR REGISTRATION RENEWALS
It is once again time to update your professional license information for State License or Broward County Certificate of Competency as of 08/31/2016. Please use the following online form to electronically submit your renewal forms and information so that we may maintain a current and accurate database and avoid any delay of permitting due to license expiration. Contractor Registration Renewal Form
- Learn more about fees on the Permit Fees page.
CALL 811 BEFORE YOU DIG!
Safe digging is everyone's responsibility. Call 811 to find out when and where you can dig.
For more information on this program, please visit www.sunshine811.com/homeowner