Pursuant to Section 26-113 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, one may appeal a citation that is believed to have been caused by a defective meter by appearing in person or via telephone no later than 10 a.m. EST the next working day at:
Transportation and Mobility (TAM)
Customer Service Office
290 N.E. 3rd Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Phone: 954-828-3700 or 1-866-296-9028
All Other Citation Disputes
To dispute any other parking violation, an Appeal Hearing Request Form must be requested within three working days from the date the citation was issued by calling or appearing at TAM's Customer Service Office located at the address above.
A separate Appeal Hearing Request Form must be completed for each citation and mailed or delivered to TAM's Customer Service Office.
Instructions for Completing the Appeals Hearing Request Form
- Complete the Appeal Hearing Request Form . If you have any questions, immediately contact TAM's Customer Service Office at 954-828-3700 or 1-866-296-9028.
- Explain in detail why you believe the citation was issued in error. Attach the original citation and any supporting documentation to the form. Check the box, if appropriate, indicating whether you are the registered owner or the operator of the vehicle at the time of the violation. Print your name and address, and sign and date the form.
- Residents of Broward, Palm Beach, or Miami-Dade County must return the completed form and provide any requested information within 10 working days from the date the citation was issued.
- Failure to return the completed form to this office within the specified time limit will result in your appeal being denied.
- If you do not reside in Broward, Palm Beach, or Miami-Dade County, the form must be notarized and returned within 20 working days from the date the citation was issued.
- Penalties will continue to accrue until the City receives your timely appeal form.
- The City of Fort Lauderdale will notify you when your appeal is received.
- If all the criteria have been met, your appeal will be forwarded to the Clerk of Courts Parking Division. The City of Fort Lauderdale will provide you with the Broward County reference number. Once the citation has been forwarded to Broward County Clerk of the Court, the citation will be processed by the Clerk of Circuit Court.
- When you receive your Broward County reference number, all further concerns, payments, inquiries, and communications regarding this citation must be addressed to: Clerk of Courts Parking Division, 201 S.E. 6th Street, Room 220, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301 Telephone: 954-831-5804.
- Upon receipt of the completed Appeal Hearing Request Form, collection of your citation will not be processed until notice is received on the outcome of your appeal from the Broward County Clerk of Court.
- The office of the Clerk of Circuit Court will notify you of the date and time of your hearing.
- Do not pay your fine if you are appealing it. You will be required to pay the court later if the citation is upheld.
- You waive the right to pay the current amount of the civil fee (parking fine) to the City of Fort Lauderdale when the citation is forwarded to the Clerk of Circuit Court.
- If the citation is upheld, it may be subject to additional fees and costs.