The Family Fun Ride & Moonlight Movie in the Park events are community-building bike gatherings that encourage our neighbors and visitors of all ages to engage with the City's natural, historic, and artistic surroundings while doing something healthy for the environment and themselves. By pedaling through Fort Lauderdale's neighborhoods during Fun Rides participants have an opportunity to view the different architectural styles of the City's past and present, to experience the diversity of its culture and the narratives of its population, and explore new parts of the City or places and things they've passed hundreds of times but never noticed from a moving car. The Fun Rides also heighten awareness for bicycling and bicycle safety, as well as promote bicycling as a viable, sustainable transportation alternative.
Riding a bike is a great low cost way to get outside and explore all that Fort Lauderdale has to offer in a fun, active, interesting, social way. Join a Fun Ride today and help create healthier, cleaner, more livable neighborhoods.
Saturday, July 22, 2017 | 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Osswald Park | 2220 N.W. 21st Avenue, Fort Lauderdale
The City of Fort Lauderdale is partnering with the Rock Island Community Development for the next Family Fun Ride & Moonlight Movie in the Park.
Bring your family, friends, bikes, softball gloves, picnic baskets, chairs, and blankets for a great night of free healthy activity and outdoor fun! Learn about bike safety, participate in a slow-paced bike ride, and watch a movie in the park.
Event Highlights and Details
- Free popcorn
- A casual bike ride from Osswald Park through the Rock Island neighborhood led by Fort Lauderdale (FLPD) police officers (Bike lights are required for the ride and helmets are required for riders under 16 years of age. The City encourages all participants to wear a helmet for safety.)
- Family softball game with Fort Lauderdale Police Officers. Register in advance by calling 954-828-5824.
- Sing movie in the park following the softball game.
- Free bicycle registration, helmet giveaway, and helmet fittings (before 6 p.m.)
- Bike Rodeo and bike safety activities
- Win two AvMed Rides Bikeshare memberships
- Win a repurposed bike provided by the Recyclable Bicycle Exchange (RBX).
- Donate used, unwanted bicycles. RBX volunteers will fix up the bikes and donate them to those in need.
- Limited number of adult bikes available for the bike ride.
Connect with Us!
We invite you to connect with us using social media to "follow" the City of Fort Lauderdale on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and "like," "share," "retweet," and "favorite" the Family Fun Ride and other City news and happenings. Be sure to use #FTLFunRide.
Event Partners and Sponsors
The City of Fort Lauderdale thanks the following partners and sponsors for their contributions to this event:
Call 954-828-5226 or email Christine Fanchi