The Family Fun Ride & Moonlight Movie in the Park events are community-building bike gatherings that encourage our neighbors and visitors of all ages to engage with the City's natural, historic, and artistic surroundings while doing something healthy for the environment and themselves. By pedaling through Fort Lauderdale's neighborhoods during Fun Rides participants have an opportunity to view the different architectural styles of the City's past and present, to experience the diversity of its culture and the narratives of its population, and explore new parts of the City or places and things they've passed hundreds of times but never noticed from a moving car. The Fun Rides also heighten awareness for bicycling and bicycle safety, as well as promote bicycling as a viable, sustainable transportation alternative.
Riding a bike is a great low cost way to get outside and explore all that Fort Lauderdale has to offer in a fun, active, interesting, social way. Join a Fun Ride today and help create healthier, cleaner, more livable neighborhoods.
CELEBRATE FLORIDA BIKE MONTH WITH US!
Saturday, March 25, 2017 | 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM
Harbordale Park | 1817 South Miami Road, Fort Lauderdale
The City of Fort Lauderdale is partnering with the Harbordale Civic Association for the next Family Fun Ride & Moonlight Movie in the Park.
Bring your family, friends, bikes, picnic baskets, chairs, and blankets for a great night of free healthy activity and outdoor fun! Learn about bike safety, participate in a slow-paced bike ride, and watch a movie in the park.
Event Highlights and Details
- Free popcorn
- A casual bike ride from Harbordale Park through the Harbordale and Rio Vista neighborhoods (see route) led by Fort Lauderdale police officers (Bike lights are required for the ride and helmets are required for riders under 16 years of age. The City encourages all participants to wear a helmet for safety.)
- Zootopia movie in the park following the ride.
- Free bicycle registration, helmet giveaway, and helmet fittings (before 6:30 p.m.)
- Bike Rodeo and bike safety activities
- Win two AvMed Rides Bikeshare memberships
- Win a repurposed bike. Recyclable Bicycle Exchange (RBX) is bringing approximately 15 bikes for the free raffle courtesy of Harbordale Civic Association and ExxonMobil.
- Donate used, unwanted bicycles. RBX volunteers will fix up the bikes and donate them to those in need.
- Limited number of adult bikes available for the bike ride.
Connect with Us!
We invite you to connect with us using social media to "follow" the City of Fort Lauderdale on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and "like," "share," "retweet," and "favorite" the Family Fun Ride and other City news and happenings. Be sure to use #FTLFunRide.
Event Partners and Sponsors
The City of Fort Lauderdale thanks the following partners and sponsors for their contributions to this event:
Call 954-828-5226 or email Christine Fanchieve