"Know before you go" with LauderStreet, a new interactive, mobile-friendly map that provides location-specific information about current and upcoming road and sidewalk closures in the City’s right-of-way (ROW). LauderStreet is a great tool to learn about road closures near your home, work, and other favorite places before you head out.
Information Regarding Street Closures in the City of Fort Lauderdale
Please be advised that the following report is compiled from multiple sources and agencies that, at times, provide conflicting information. Every effort is made to ensure accuracy; however, due to the fluid nature of road closures, this information is subject to change.
>> Old Dixie Highway Improvements Project from NE 13th Street to the Middle River Bridge - Roundabout Construction at NE 16th Court
Crews will be constructing the new roundabout at NE 16th Court beginning in late October through mid-November.
- See map & flyer
In order to complete this work, Old Dixie Highway at NE 16th Court will be closed continuously for 72-hour intervals on the following days:
- November 6—November 8
Detour signage will be in place to direct motorists around the work zone as follows:
- Northbound — NE 16th Street, NE 11th Avenue, NE 16th Court, NE 12th Terrace, and NE 16th Place to Old Dixie Highway
- Southbound — NE 16th Place, NE 8th Avenue, and NE 16th Street to Old Dixie Highway
Also, please note that the City Commission has approved the following resolution:
CR-5 17-1141 -- Resolution to restrict thru semi-trucks on NE 13 Street between NE 4th Avenue and NE 9th Avenue and Old Dixie Highway between NE 13th Street and the Middle River Bridge.
>> I-95 from south of Broward Boulevard to north of Commercial Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale
- Three northbound lanes of I-95 will be closed Sunday through Thursday night between 10:30 p.m. and 5 a.m. The first lane will close at 10:30 p.m., the second lane at 11:30 p.m. and the third lane at 12:30 a.m. until 5 a.m. All lanes will be open by 5:30 a.m.
- Three southbound lanes of I-95 will be closed Sunday through Thursday night between 10:30 p.m. and 5 a.m. The first lane will close at 10:30 p.m., the second lane closing at 11:30 p.m. and the third lane closing at 12:30 a.m. until 5 a.m. All lanes will be open by 5:30 a.m.
- The I-95 southbound entrance ramp from eastbound Oakland Park Blvd Boulevard will be closed Sunday through Thursday night between 11:30 p.m. and 5 a.m. Traffic will be detoured via Powerline Road, Sunrise Boulevard and I-95.
- The Broward Boulevard Park & Ride entrance and exit ramps, both northbound and southbound, will be closed alternately Sunday through Thursday between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Advanced Notice: Beginning Monday, November 13, there will be intermittent daily and nightly shoulder and ramp closures, as needed, along southbound I-95 between Oakland Park Boulevard and Sunrise Boulevard.
>> A1A Improvements Project from Oakland Park Boulevard to Flamingo Avenue in Fort Lauderdale
- One lane in each direction of A1A from Oakland Park Boulevard to Flamingo Avenue may be closed intermittently at any time Sunday evening through Friday morning for resurfacing and final pavement markings.
- Access between A1A and Galt Ocean Drive at NE 32nd Street, NE 35th Street, NE 36th Street, NE 40th Street and NE 41st Street and the northern exit from Galt Ocean Drive to A1A may be closed daytime or nighttime for approximately three hours for paving at the intersections through late November.
>> Broward Boulevard Improvements and Bridge Replacement Project in Fort Lauderdale
- Westbound traffic is shifted slightly north and will use the three-lane temporary bridge for the duration of construction.
- Eastbound traffic is shifted slightly north to the newly-constructed north side of the bridge through fall 2017 while crews construct the south side of the bridge.
- Up to two lanes in each direction of Broward Boulevard from US 1 to NW 18th Avenue will be closed between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. and Saturdays between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. for drainage improvements, roadway widening, curb and gutter installation and sidewalk construction. The closures will be limited to a maximum of 500 feet at a time.
- The sidewalk along the north side of Broward Boulevard from NW 18th Avenue to NW 15th Avenue is closed. Detour signs are in place to guide pedestrians.
- The sidewalk along the north side of Broward Boulevard from US 1 to NW 14th Avenue is closed for utility improvements. Signs are in place to direct pedestrians to the south sidewalk as needed.
- The outside lane in each direction of the cross streets on either side of Broward Boulevard from NW 3rd Avenue / Nugent Avenue to NW 11th Avenue may be closed Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. for the installation of traffic signal foundations on Broward Boulevard. Crews will only work at one cross street at a time.
- Access between SW 15th Terrace and Broward Boulevard is closed through fall 2017. Detour signs are in place to guide motorists to SW 14th Avenue to access SW 15th Terrace.
>> Old Dixie Highway Improvements Project from NE 13th Street to the Middle River Bridge in Fort Lauderdale
- The northbound lane of Old Dixie Highway from NE 13th Court to the south end of the Middle River Bridge may be closed between 7:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. through Friday, October 27 for road widening, sign installation and landscaping. A flag crew will direct traffic and motorists can expect delays.
- The northbound lane of Old Dixie Highway from NE 13th Court to NE 18th Court may be closed Monday through Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Saturdays between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Flaggers will direct traffic through the work zone. Motorists can expect delays.
- “No Thru Trucks” signs have been installed along Old Dixie Highway at each end of the project limits – NE 13th Street in Fort Lauderdale and NE 11th Avenue in Wilton Manors – to enhance safety in the construction zone.
- The southbound lane of Old Dixie Highway from NE 13th Court to the south end of the Middle River Bridge will be closed between 7:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. through Friday, December 1 for roadway widening and utility work. A flag crew will direct traffic through the work zone.
- Traffic lanes on Old Dixie Highway have been narrowed from NE 14th Place to NE 18th Court. This is a “no passing zone” and motorists should use caution when driving through the work zone.
- Old Dixie Highway at NE 16th Court will be closed continuously for 72-hour intervals for construction of a new roundabout on the following days: October 23-25, October 30-November 1 and November 6-8. Detour signs will be in place to direct motorists around the work zone.
>> SW 4th Avenue at SW 28th Street Intersection Improvements Project
- One lane of SW 28th Street at SW 4th Avenue will be closed intermittently Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. for drainage installation. A flag crew will direct traffic as needed.
>> I-595 to I-95 Ramp Bridge Railing Retrofit Project
- One northbound lane of the ramp from I-595 to I-95 will be closed Sunday through Thursday night between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. for bridge traffic railing retrofit through December.
>> Old Dixie Highway from north of NE 13th Street to south of the bridge over the Middle River
- Construction is expected to be completed by early 2018.
>> Replacement of the Broward Boulevard Bridge over the North Fork of the New River
- Construction will be completed in Summer 2018.
- Access to businesses, residences and schools will be maintained at all times.
- Single-lane closures are expected Mondays through Fridays between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Double-lane closures are expected Mondays through Fridays between 12:30 a.m. and 6 a.m.
- Lane closures may also occur on weekends, except during special events.
Please remember to slow down in construction areas and always buckle up, drive carefully and arrive safely. Share the road.